We passionately believe God wants everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Therefore, it is our mission in life to create positive experiences of Grace to help introduce people to and develop their relationship with Jesus.
Our church is called to Impact Toledo with Intentional ministry through relational Influence with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Impact – Every day, each person has an opportunity to Impact someone’s life in a positive way. These moments of Impact let others feel cared for and valued. This can be a simple “Hello” with eye contact with a cashier, colleague, or just walking past someone on the sidewalk. These opportunities are everywhere, every day.
- Intent – Intentional Ministry happens when we deliberately go back to the people we Impact on a consistent basis. This way, we continually bless the same people and begin developing a trustworthy relationship with them.
- Influence – Over time, our faith-filled relationships Influence others through Christ living in us. We believe and trust the Holy Spirit to open their hearts to the truth of the Gospel and gives us the opportunity to share our hope.
To do this we focus on four major areas: Worship, Bible Teaching, Outreach, and Family Ministry.
Our congregation values music and worship through song. We offer both traditional and contemporary services on Sunday mornings. Our worship team is made up of musicians of varying ages, with diverse musical preferences and interests. They strive to serve and worship with the congregation, not perform for them. All are encouraged to sing, clap, and actively participate.
Since the Bible is the inspired and infallible word of God, the Bible is therefore our primary teaching tool for spiritual formation. Biblical truths are the foundation of what is taught in each teaching ministry from the youngest of children to the oldest of adults. Our preaching, small group ministry, youth ministry, and children's ministry all employ Biblical truths with the purpose of helping individuals understand the Bible academically and spiritually.
We want to live out God's Influence locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Locally – sharing the Good News of Jesus through friends and family, by staffing and supporting our monthly Food Pantry, and by supporting ministries/programs outside the church that align with our calling to help the poor, such as the Toledo Rescue Mission and Musician’s Mission of Mercy.
- Nationally – supporting ministries outside our church such as Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship and Christian Resources International.
- Internationally – supporting overseas ministries such as our own Fishers of Men, an orphanage/medical mission outside of Mexico City.
There is a difference between doing something for the family and doing something with the family. A family ministry should develop the process that drives how both the church and the home combine their efforts to influence the next generation. We define family ministry as an effort to synchronize church leaders and parents around a master plan to build faith and character in their sons and daughters.
We believe a lot of parents would like to do more with passing down their faith, they just don’t know where to begin. They may have never had it modeled for them. They don’t have a clear strategy. As the church, we want to partner with the family, and that is why we are excited to share our Parent Ministry strategy and resources.